Have you ever dreamed about starting your own business? If you are ready to turn your dream into a reality head to Broward SCORE’s “Introduction to What You Really Need" Workshop on Saturday, February 17th from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the Fred Lippman Multi-Purpose Center, 2030 Polk Street in Hollywood. This free, interactive workshop will cover key topics you will need to consider before opening a business. Featured speaker, Attorney Russell Thompson, will cover topics such as:
- Myths and Realities of Entrepreneurship - The truth about business ownership
- Do you have what it takes - Assessing your skills & experience
- Know your options: Different types of businesses - A closer look at various ways of starting a business
- Components of business ownership - Understanding the many roles you'll play as a business owner
- Making it legal - The nuts & bolts of launching a new business
- Business plan basics - Why you need a business plan
The workshop is a solid first step that will help you to understand what is involved in starting and running a business and your stage of readiness. Reserve your seat by clinking on the registration link below. Sorry, no children allowed in class.
ABOUT RUSSELL THOMPSON: Russell Thompson is a local attorney with many years of legal experience. After retiring from a 25 year career in management, he put his management and legal knowledge to work for clients. Mr. Thompson possesses clear and effective verbal communication skills and is a Toastmasters International, Competent Communicator. In addition to volunteering as a counselor with S.C.O.R.E. he is a Volunteer Attorney for the Tracey McPharlin Dependency Pro Bono Project, where he represents children in dependency court.