The CEO of a futuristic manufacturing company, a neurointerventional surgeon and an urban farmer are just three of the speakers slated for TEDx Young Circle Park, which will take place Saturday, November 9, 2019 at Young Circle Arts Park in Hollywood. Each of these speakers is changing their practices with new ideas and new technologies – with results that are creating a healthier and more environmentally conscious future.
In the spirit of the TED mission of promoting “ideas worth spreading,” TEDx is a program of local, independently organized events that bring people together to share in a TED-experience. At TEDx events, live speakers are combined with TEDTalk videos to spark discussion and connection at a local level. TEDx Young Circle Park was formed to curate an event that features speakers from local academia, government, business and community and nonprofit organizations to take a “deeper dive” into issues that impact the South Florida community and resonate nationally and globally, stirring up ideas and discussion among people in our community and beyond. The event will feature speakers and TEDTalks that examine:
- Environmental and sustainability issues with a specific focus on mitigation of sea level rise, coastal sustainability and water management.
- Health and education issues with a specific focus on how environment impacts health, how tech impacts health and healthcare education.
- Technology development issues with a specific focus on technology at the intersection of environmental and health issues, as well as the development and application of virtual reality technology and local venture capital activity.
The full lineup of speakers for TEDx Young Circle Park is as follows:
• Brian Neff, CEO of an aerospace component manufacturing company in South Florida, discusses how manufacturing as we know it is about to radically change with 3D printing and additive manufacturing.
• Lisa Merkle, an urban farmer growing vegetables via hydroponics near downtown Miami, discusses the future of urban farming and food production – and how to meet the food needs of a growing population in a sustainable and healthy way.
• Dr. Brijesh Mehta, a leading neurointerventional surgeon, reveals how he and his colleagues applied modern business processes and technologies to revolutionize stroke care across Florida and the country.
• Jennifer Grace, author of the book, Directing Your Destiny, advocates for teaching meditation and mindfulness in Florida schools.
• Todd Delmay tells the story of his fight for LGBTQ equality and the right of same-sex couples to marry – and discusses what we can all learn from his experiences.
• David Aizer, a South Florida TV personality and stage 3 cancer survivor, inspirers with a talk on embracing our personal challenges and insecurities.
• Nathaniel Delevoe, an inspiring poet, opens hearts and minds with his outlook on the social and racial challenges of our times.
• Mark Panciera, an undertaker turned leadership strategist for Fortune 1000 companies, reveals the secrets, based in neuroscience, for personal and professional transformation.
• Francis Jay Caputo, a leadership coach, discusses the importance of embracing interpersonal conflict and building stronger relationships.
• Dr. Tracy Timberlake, an award-winning business consultant and digital strategist, believes our mobile devices and social media accounts can be a tool for positive change – and she teaches you how to leverage them in her TEDx Talk.
• Carlos Zuluaga, a digital media strategist, believes social media can change the world for the better – and he’s out to prove it! His talk centers on the story of how one person started a viral campaign to clean up community beaches, parks and other public spaces.
See the TEDx Young Circle Park Facebook page or TEDx Young Circle Park website for further details and bios for each speaker. Tickets are expected to sell out and are available here. Prepare to be INSPIRED!